chevron

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kinleigh Annelise

What's in a name? Kinleigh. Chris and I had a really hard time agreeing on a name. It had to be 8 letters like the rest. I wanted Gabriella since we had two girls with an "L" and thought it'd be cute to have another "G". Chris and Ethan really liked Anabella. I was almost convinced but just couldn't get attached to either. We finally scrapped all the names and found a completely different one. Two times while on a road trip to his parents' house we passed Kenley,NC. When we saw the water tower we decided to investigate it further. The name means the King's meadow. The town is spelled in the masculine and we were successful in coming up with a feminine form with 8 letters!
Annelise is the Hebrew spelling and means Grace. We were going to spell it like Lilliana's with Analise until I read someones blog that said they had to change their child's name because people thought it was anal ease. So we opted to not use that spelling.
We love her name. She has become the person attached to the name. It was fun keeping it a secret and I was amazed at how crazy it drove everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment