chevron
Monday, August 26, 2013
Mountain getaway
I did it. I finally surprised Chris with something. He has a reputation of doing this for me often. It's hard to get anything past him because of his crazy schedule. This year, it was the worst. We couldn't plan a family vacation because his schedule was changing daily. So we sacrificed taking a week vacation and I snuck in a weekend getaway. He knew we were going somewhere but no details. He had to work Friday until lunchtime, so we packed it up and headed towards Mount Baker for 1.5 hours. We ended up staying in the Mount Baker National Forest. It was a little town called Glacier, Wa. It was a cabin in the woods with a 6 person hot tub. After we checked into the house, we drove to a pizza restaurant that I'd read some great reviews from other people that had stayed there as well. They made the pizza, their own beer, and their own root beer! It was good food, great service, yummy root beer, and the kids were on their best behavior. To make things even better, someone paid $50 towards our check. Whoo hoo! The next morning I woke up with a fever. But I managed to tough it out for the rest of our vacation. We ended up going to Silver Lake and having a picnic and letting the kids swim. They enjoyed it so much we did it two days in a row. Chris and I did manage to get a few minutes alone in the hot tub at night under the stars and the trees. While usually this would be pretty romantic, these days we were happy to just be alone and in the quite! ha ha ha. Overall we had a great time and reconnected as a family with NO electronics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This sounds SO fun! I'm glad you guys were able to get away, and to such a neat place!
ReplyDelete